The Penny Depot is launching its first ever penny design contest! Submit your design/s by March 29th, 2020.
Do you love pressed pennies and art? Submit your design by March 29th. The pressed penny with the winning design will debut on April 6th.
Mother’s Day Design Contest
THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE
- 5 Pressed Pennies with the winning design, and a $25 credit to our online shop.
- All product descriptions and social media posts will include your name and a link to your website and/or social media handle.
- The Pressed Penny with the winning design will debut on The Penny Depot’s website and social media on April 6th. We’ll also sell your penny in our online store and at events.
Two runner-ups will each receive 10% discount to our online shop.
(Not to include custom designs.)
- This is an open invitation — choose your own theme to tribute mothers!
- Use the provided penny outline below. Use it as a guide, we would love to see you make your own border.
- Design must be vector based using only black
- Files must be submitted as PDF and EPS files.
- Please name your files as follows: LastName_FirstName
- Deadline to submit is Sunday, March 29, 11:59 PM EST. All correctly prepared files must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, shareable social media handle, and website, if applicable.
- The Penny Depot staff will select up to three finalists. The finalists will be shared publicly on social media, and the winning design will be chosen by public vote.
- The Penny Depot may share any design submissions received by March 29th on social media at our discretion. If so, we will credit you and link to your website and/or social media handle.
By submitting to The Penny Depot’s Penny contest, the winning artist agrees to the following usage terms:
1. The artist will own their artwork and will grant The Penny Depot exclusive license to use the Authored Work and derivative designs to produce merchandise (such as pressed pennies, clothing, mugs, bags, and other household items) for sale. The Artist will retain title and ownership of the design, and derivative works will be assigned to The Penny Depot by the Artist.
2. The Penny Depot acquires the right to generate profit through the sale of products with the Artist’s artwork. Unless the prior written approval of the Artist is obtained, The Penny Depot may not modify or change the Authored Work in any manner.